Things to consider
~ Who, What, Where ~
> Consider who it is for, along with their personal style (what they're into). Also, where would it be displayed? Home, office, etc..
~ Subject Matter ~
> This sets the overall theme and is what links together the illustrations inside of the individual loops.
> Has a direct impact on the overall size and the possible number of loops
~ Style & Overall Tone ~
> Serious or humorous
* Serious - Very straightforward illustrations of the subject matter. Especially good for important events and when depicting particular businesses, careers or events.
* Humorous - illustrations have more of a "cartoon" look, along with humorous details mixed in.
> Color or black & white
* Dependant not only on your personal preference, but also the subject matter. Some things just look better as one or the other.
~ Color; Watercolor painting detailed with black ink.
*Best if particular colors are wanted or needed
~ Black & white; Traditional "pen&ink" style of using various size pen tips to make dots, lines, cross-hatching, etc., to create the images.
*Produces a more detailed, formal look.
*Perfect if there are to be several small items in the illustration
> Free-flow line (The line that loops around for the individual illustrations)
* Plain line of black or particular color(s)
* Words - Free-flow line would actually consist of two lines, following the same path, spaced far enough apart to place words in between them.
* Things - Free-flow line would be comprised of articles such as chain, barbed wire, rope, wires, cords, etc..